The ENGINEERED VINTAGE 77-79 Grille AF
"Legit Product man. Love it. Super easy to install" - Alex G, Ontario, CA
Link to Street Trucks Magazine install of the 77-79 Grille AF:
Are you tired of holding your breath in fear of breaking the tired old plastic every time you touch your tired brittle plastic grille?
Upgrade your truck with the best grille on the market for 1977-79 GM Trucks.
Designed, produced, finished, welded, and shipped from Damascus, Oregon USA.
Grilles are engineered to fit your truck - and are intended to last as long (or longer) than your truck. All of our products are produced in the Pacific Northwest by top suppliers & craftsman. The aluminum is cut on a CNC laser, formed on a CNC press brake, brushed (or polished) by hand, and TIG welded together! Once complete, each Grille AF is inspected, kitted, and packaged to be shipped to you.
Designed to match the OEM plastic grille as close as possible; each grille has individual aluminum pieces and an aluminum backer, and is hand-assembled before welding.
Grille has EV logo laser cut in the center of the grille to hold the iconic Chevy bowtie (bolts to grille & available at other retailers) or the 77-79 GMC emblem.
Four individual tabs welded to the grille mount to custom mounts that bolt to the factory core support brace with bolts.
Mounting brackets are powder coated steel.
1) Raw aluminum finish: Recommended if powder coat (of any color) is desired - also a good choice for those that want to try polishing assembled grille themselves. These grilles go straight from the laser cutter & press brake to assembly & TIG welding. There may be marks from manufacturing processes.
2) Brushed finish: These are machine finished to a brushed finish on two sides of each piece (front edge retains laser cut profile)
3) Powder coated finish: Powder coated Grille AF in the color of your choice using top quality powder coat from Cardinal Powder
4) Polished finish: For the ultimate in appearance. These are hand polished on two sides of each piece (front edge and exposed visible side) Backing plate is brushed finish
1) Is there a clear coat on these grilles?
No. Each clear coat we have found on the market has issues (whether clear powder, clear anodize, or spray clear) - most of these do not play well with UV light from the sun. Similar to aluminum wheels, these grilles will need to be periodically polished for best appearance. If you have a clear coat to recommend - please reach out to us - we would love to discuss.
2) Can you do custom coatings - I want a black/silver/etc… powder coated grille?
Please select our "Powder Coated Finish" option for colors.
Chevy bowtie or GMC emblem not included
Free shipping in lower 48
These are built to order, please allow 6-8 weeks for shipment upon order. (we are working to get this lead-time down)
Ships via USPS or UPS ground