Update on 73-80 Behind Bumper Winch Mount
We did not expect the excitement around the Engineered Vintage Behind Bumper Winch Mounts (BBWM). The 67-72 GM truck kit launched in April/May this year, and the 81-87 GM (up to '91 K5/Sub/Crew/CUCV) followed in Aug/Sept.
Both kits have received solid feedback from customers - and both kits are hard to keep in stock! Thank you to all the customers that are supporting these and running the most solid bolt-on winch mount kit on the market for these trucks! No other winch mount bolts to the frame in as many places - and no other winch mount kit allows the freedom & flexibility to mount your winch in multiple locations / heights behind the bumper.
But what about the original Square Body trucks? When will the 73-80 GM truck BBWM be available?!?
It's coming - in December, 2021! (exact date TBD)
The 73-80 is very similar to the 81-87 BBWM design - but make no mistake - the BBWM kits will be different. The same BBWM kit will not fit both trucks - just like the 73-80 shackle brackets are not compatible with the 81-87 frames & vice-versa.
Like the 81-87 BBWM kit, the 73-80 BBWM will bolt to the frame in multiple places, require drill of (1) 1/2" hole (on each frame rail) and allows for winches to mount in multiple configurations / locations behind the bumper.
Prototype pictures of 73-80 frame brackets (ignore the Bluetooth welds!)
The 73-80 BBWM will be laser cut from 1/4" A-36 steel, and bolt to frame in 8 places on the driver side and 6 places on the passenger side. No other kit mounts to frame in 14!!! places with grade 8 hardware.
So to summarize...
- Strongest bolt on 73-80 winch mount kit on the market, mounts to frame in 14 places (requires drilling 2 holes)
- Reinforces steering box and front cross-member
- Adds additional frame cross-member to front of truck to stiffen frame on these trucks
- Allows for mount of up to 12K winch (requires foot-down mount style winch)
- Allows for winch cable to exit through bumper or under bumper
- Allows for winch to be mounted upright (Requires body-lift on truck)
Pre-sale opening soon.
Launching in December for Christmas delivery in US